To register for an LEI, please take the following steps:
- Create a new user profile.
- Fill in the Authorisation Letter Template and get it printed on the letterhead of and signed by the legal entity you are registering an LEI for (“Requesting Entity”). Make sure you read the instructions therein.
- Click on “Register for an LEI” under the Dashboard on My Portal page.
- Perform an LEI Search to ensure that the Requesting Entity has not been issued an LEI.
- Fill in the LEI registration form. The following are the mandatory information that we need in the LEI registration form:
- The official name of the legal entity (Legal Name)
- The address of the headquarters of the legal entity (Headquarters Address)
- The address of legal formation (Legal Address)
- Legal formation country (Country Legal Jurisdiction)
- Legal form (Legal Form)
- The official business registry where the foundation of the legal entity is mandated to be recorded on formation of the entity, where applicable (Business Register)
- The reference in the official business registry to the registered entity, where applicable e.g. company registration number (Business Register Entity ID)
- A signed Authorisation Letter printed on the requesting entity’s letterhead
- Upload supporting documents. We require that you submit us the full extract of the legal entity’s details with one of the business registers. Click here for sample documents.
- Upload signed authorisation letter.
- Submit LEI registration form.
- Pay for the LEI registration request (using MasterCard or Visa, or opt for EFT).
- Wait for the validation process to complete (within 5 business days if no extensive queries are raised and all supporting documents are submitted by the user).
- Receive a confirmation on My Portal on successful issuance of LEI.
The Form Instructions document serves as a guide to fill in the form.
For further information on these steps, please refer to our FAQ.
If you have any questions or require further assistance, please contact us on +61 2 6284 6800 between 9.00am – 5.30 pm AEDT, from Monday to Friday or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: 29/10/2015