To port an LEI to APIR, please take the following steps:
- Create a new user profile.
- Fill in the Authorisation Letter Template and get it printed on the letterhead of and signed by the legal entity whose LEI is to be ported to APIR (“Requesting Entity”). Make sure you read the instructions therein.
- Click on “Port LEI to APIR” under the Dashboard on My Portal page.
- Enter the LEI to port to APIR. The LEI must have legal jurisdiction of Australia and Registration Status of ISSUED or LAPSED.
- Update LEI record details in the LEI port in form to re-certify the LEI with current and up-to-date record details.
- Upload supporting documents. We require that you submit us the full extract of the legal entity’s details with one of the business registers. Click here for sample documents.
- Upload signed authorisation letter.
- Submit LEI port in form.
- Wait for confirmation to proceed with port in request from current managing pre-LOU.
- Pay for the LEI port in request (using MasterCard or Visa, or opt for EFT).
- Wait for the validation process to complete (within 3 business days if no extensive queries are raised and all supporting documents are submitted by the user).
- Receive a confirmation on My Portal on successful port in of LEI.
The Form Instructions document serves as a guide to fill in the form.
APIR revalidates the LEI record details when an LEI is ported from another pre-LOU. For further information on these steps, please refer to our FAQ.
If you have any questions or require further assistance, please contact us on +61 2 6284 6800 between 9.00am – 5.30 pm AEDT, from Monday to Friday or by emailing email@example.com.
Last Updated: 29/10/2015